Luxury Train Trips Across Canada
Exquisite service and amenities onboard The Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf and VIA Rail Prestige
On a luxury train vacation, you'll not only be dazzled by the scenery outside — you'll also be delighted by the level of pampering you'll get inside as well. The Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf and VIA Rail Prestige classes are two examples of popular luxury train services. The Rocky Mountaineer is a daylight-service train, while VIA Rail offers luxury sleeper train service with private cabins. Both feature gourmet meals prepared with fresh local ingredients by professional chefs, as well as a great selection of Canadian-made wines.
Your friendly concierge will ensure everything is taken care of and will regale you with entertaining stories and historic tidbits about the scenery you are passing through. It's the most elegant and enjoyable way to see the untamed landscapes of Canada.
Planning a trip to Canada and
WANT TO MAKE IT BETTER?
Plan your trip with a Canadian Insider
You know that friendly character you met in the local café who told you to visit that well-kept regional secret which turned out to be the best part of your holiday? That's us.
Have everything organized for you
By this stage, you're already having dreams about mountains, moose and maple trees. We combine your personal preferences with our insider knowledge to save you hours of pointless internet trawling.
Get help when you need it
We're here to make sure you get the inside scoop before you even leave home. And you can relax on your vacation because you know that we're a phone call away if you have any questions while you're in Canada.
Quick Facts about Luxury Train Travel
- Canada's luxury train services connect BC and Alberta by daylight train, or travel all the way to Toronto with a sleeper train.
- Luxury sleeper train service runs year-round and daylight service trains from mid-April to mid-October.
- Both the luxury sleeper train and daylight services provide spectacular views and optimal photo opportunities
- Chef prepared meals and local BC wines are included on the train as well as gourmet snacks.
- Every need is taken care of by attentive onboard hosts or exclusive concierge service.
Luxury Train Experiences
Luxury Train Service
GoldLeaf service on the Rocky Mountaineer train connects Vancouver and the Canadian Rockies. The train runs by daylight and operates from mid-April to mid-October. Prestige class sleeper service on VIA Rail Canadian train operates year-round and you can travel all the way from Vancouver to Toronto or vice-versa. Both luxury train services provide spectacular views and optimal photo opportunities.
Luxury Train Types
The Rocky Mountaineer is a daylight only train, perfect for experiencing the most spectacular views and optimal photo opportunities of the Canadian Rockies. The train connects BC and Alberta, with stops in Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise, Vancouver and Whistler on three unique routes. Your overnight stay during your journey will be in Quesnel or Kamloops.
Luxury services on the Rocky Mountaineer
The GoldLeaf Service
Rocky Mountaineer's premium GoldLeaf Service is, quite simply, as good as it gets. The custom designed coach with fully-domed, panoramic windows ensure you'll get a superior viewing experience of the Canadian Rockies. And with hot, gourmet meals prepared from regional cuisine by Rocky Mountaineer's executive chefs, you'll experience luxury at its finest along the way.
What's included in GoldLeaf:
- Fully domed windows that give you unparalleled panoramic views from your seat in the upper-level of a custom-designed bi-level dome coach
- Reclining seats that rotate to accommodate groups of four
- 36 dining room seats with picture windows (four guests per table)
- Spiral staircase and ADA elevator to dome level
- Complimentary beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) throughout the journey, along with gourmet snacks.
- An exclusive outdoor vestibule in the lower-level of your dome
- Overnight hotel accommodation in Kamloops or Quesnel with luggage delivered to your hotel
- Two daily gourmet meals with full table service
- Complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages throughout your journey
- Transfers to and from the train
Luxury Services on VIA Rail
Available between Toronto and Vancouver Prestige Class offers a refined experience with completely revamped cars and accommodations. This unparalleled encounter with nature comes with thoroughly personalized attention. It's an inspiring way to admire Canada's beautiful landscapes. Enjoy attentive, personalized concierge service throughout your trip. Prestige Sleeper class is designed to offer passengers complete peace of mind, with priority reservations in the dining car and priority boarding. Savour the all-inclusive treatment, with refined dining and complimentary drinks service.
What's included in Prestige Class:
- Personalized concierge service throughout your trip
- The Prestige Sleeper cabin is 50% larger than the cabin for two in Sleeper Plus class
- It features a comfortable sectional couch during the day, facing an extra-large picture window for incredible views
- Private washroom with shower
- Get a good nights rest in a deluxe fold down bed with turndown service
- A flat-screen TV with video selection
- Minibar stocked with a selection of beverages
- Priority reservations in the dining car, offering delicious brekfast, lunches and dinners prepared by onboard chefs.
- Access to the Prestige Park Car, which offers spectacular views, complimentary bar service, snacks, activities such as wine tastings, and interactive talks on local history and culture
Places To Visit
Vancouver is a delightfully liveable city throughout the year, but it really shines in the summertime. You'll have the best of both worlds - the culture, dining and shopping of a world class metropolis and mountains and hiking trails right on the doorstep. The climate of Vancouver is also ideal in the summer — not too cold, but also not scorching hot. It's just the right temperature to treat yourself to some ice cream as you wander around the city.
Most Popular Trips
Ready to start planning your Canadian journey?
Here at Fresh Tracks Canada, we have gourmet globetrotters, tranquil train-travellers, bold backpackers, and nature lovers. But what ties us together is that we're all passionate travellers. When we're not helping people plan vacations to Canada, we're getting together to plan our own adventures.
True North Newsletter
Sign up for vacation inspiration, insider tips, exclusive offers and more.