Vancouver Train Tours
Memorable Canadian train trips begin in Vancouver
The West Coast metropolis of Vancouver is the perfect place to begin your Canadian train adventure. Be sure to give yourself extra time at the start of your trip to explore this city. Admire views of the Pacific Ocean and sky-piercing mountains. Then as the train pulls out of the station, you're on your way through the rivers and valleys of the BC interior.
Vancouver to Banff trains carve their way through the dramatic Rocky Mountain peaks. Or travel even further across the wide open prairies on a Vancouver to Toronto train. It's the most comfortable way to experience the sheer scale of Canada.
There are an array of different train trips from Vancouver to choose from.
Planning a train trip to Canada and
WANT TO MAKE IT BETTER?
Plan your trip with a Canadian Insider
You know that friendly character you met in the local café who told you to visit that well-kept regional secret which turned out to be the best part of your holiday? That's us.
Have everything organized for you
By this stage, you're already having dreams about mountains, moose and maple trees. We combine your personal preferences with our insider knowledge to save you hours of pointless internet trawling.
Get help when you need it
We're here to make sure you get the inside scoop before you even leave home. And you can relax on your vacation because you know that we're a phone call away if you have any questions while you're in Canada.
Quick Facts about Vancouver
- The Vancouver metropolitan area is Canada's third largest city.
- Stunning mountains, sparkling ocean, and its temperate rainforests make Vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The city's mild coastal climate also makes it an inviting place to visit year round.
- It's a compact city, which is easy to get around by public transit or by its citywide network of bicycle lanes!
- The city is home to Stanley Park, considered one of the top urban parks in the world. Over its 1,000 acres, you will see ancient cedars, wildlife, rainforest ecology, vibrant art and attractions. Its seawall path is used by millions of walkers and cyclists a year.
- Both the Rocky Mountaineer and VIA Rail offer train tours into and out of Vancouver.
Vancouver Train Experiences
The Rocky Mountaineer connects British Columbia and Alberta, with stops in Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff, Vancouver, Whistler, Quesnel and Kamloops. The train runs from mid-April until mid-October. The Rocky Mountaineer is a daylight only train designed so that passengers can experience the most spectacular views and optimal photo opportunities.
Recommended Vancouver Train Tours
Complete Canadian Rockies by Rail
Vancouver, Kamloops, Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff, Calgary
8 days from Loading...
Vancouver to Toronto Train Tour
Vancouver, Kamloops, Banff, Icefields Parkway, Jasper, Toronto
11 days from Loading...
Ready to start planning your Canadian journey?
Here at Fresh Tracks Canada, we have gourmet globetrotters, tranquil train-travellers, bold backpackers, and nature lovers. But what ties us together is that we're all passionate travellers. When we're not helping people plan vacations to Canada, we're getting together to plan our own adventures.
True North Newsletter
Sign up for vacation inspiration, insider tips, exclusive offers and more.