Vancouver Train Tours
Memorable Canadian train trips begin in Vancouver
The West Coast metropolis of Vancouver is the perfect place to begin your Canadian train adventure. Be sure to give yourself extra time at the start of your trip to explore this city. Admire views of the Pacific Ocean and sky-piercing mountains. Then as the train pulls out of the station, you're on your way through the rivers and valleys of the BC interior.
Vancouver to Banff trains carve their way through the dramatic Rocky Mountain peaks. Or travel even further across the wide open prairies on a Vancouver to Toronto train. It's the most comfortable way to experience the sheer scale of Canada.
There are an array of different train trips from Vancouver to choose from.
WANT TO MAKE IT BETTER?
Quick Facts about Vancouver
- The Vancouver metropolitan area is Canada's third largest city.
- Stunning mountains, sparkling ocean, and its temperate rainforests make Vancouver one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The city's mild coastal climate also makes it an inviting place to visit year round.
- It's a compact city, which is easy to get around by public transit or by its citywide network of bicycle lanes!
- The city is home to Stanley Park, considered one of the top urban parks in the world. Over its 1,000 acres, you will see ancient cedars, wildlife, rainforest ecology, vibrant art and attractions. Its seawall path is used by millions of walkers and cyclists a year.
- Both the Rocky Mountaineer and VIA Rail offer train tours into and out of Vancouver.
These are some suggested train experiences for your Canadian adventure
The Rocky Mountaineer connects British Columbia and Alberta, with stops in Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff, Vancouver, Whistler, Quesnel and Kamloops. The train runs from mid-April until mid-October. The Rocky Mountaineer is a daylight only train designed so that passengers can experience the most spectacular views and optimal photo opportunities.
VIA Rail Train
The VIA Rail trains connect Canada from Vancouver to Halifax, with four different train routes. Major city stops include Vancouver, Prince Rupert, Jasper, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec and Halifax. The trains run year round. Depending on the route, they offer daylight or overnight sleeper train experiences.
There are two train routes in Canada which allow you to sleep on the train. Travel between Vancouver and Toronto on [The Canadian](https://canadiantrainvacations.com/explore/the-canadian-train), with stops in Jasper or Winnipeg. Or travel the East Coast of Canada on the Ocean train [from Montreal to Halifax](https://canadiantrainvacations.com/explore/train-trips-east-coast). Both sleeper train routes are available all year long. Sleeper trains in Canada are equipped with special panoramic viewing cars to provide you with the best view of the scenery day or night.
Recommended Vancouver Train Tours
Complete Canadian Rockies by Rail
Vancouver, Kamloops, Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff, Calgary
8 days from Loading... pp
Vancouver to Toronto Train Tour
Vancouver, Kamloops, Banff, Icefields Parkway, Jasper, Toronto
11 days from Loading... pp
Sign up for vacation inspiration, insider tips, exclusive offers and more.